If you are a fan of going to Universal Studios in Orlando, you really should consider getting an Annual Pass. The passes can be purchased after getting to the theme park. But why get one? Here are the benefits of the least expensive Power Pass Annual Pass:
- A One-Year admission to both Universal Parks: Universal Studios and Islands of Adventures (blackout dates apply)
- Discounts on theme park & special events tickets
- Free admission to select special events such as the Mardi Gras parties
- Discount on Blue Man Group tickets
- Discounts at on-site hotels
This least expensive, Power Pass Annual Pass, is $199.99 for 2014. This ticket does have some black out dates though so be sure to check out Universal’s website for additional details.
The next set up in Annual Passes at Universal is the Preferred Pass. This one costs $279.99 but does include some additional benefits:
- Unlimited admission to both parks (no blackout dates).
- Free self-parking
- Discounted food, merchandise & specialty items (10% at most restaurants)
Finally, the Premier Pass Annual Pass offers a few additional great benefits:
- Free valet and preferred self-parking
- Free Halloween Horror Nights® ticket
- Free CityWalk® club access
- Universal ExpressSM Pass
- 8 free bottles of Nestle® Pure Life® Purified Water
This final Annual Pass costs $419.99.
If you are interested in either the Preferred or Premier Annual Passes, Universal offers a payment plan where you can pay on a FlexPay Plan. This is definitely a feature I wish Disney would offer when paying for their Annual Passes!
My family has purchased the Preferred Annual Pass because we kept running into trouble with the blackout dates. When renewing the passes, we receive a great discount making it that much easier to repurchase them year after year. My family really loves visiting Universal and love that the park is also ever-changing! And when we compare the costs of the Annual Passes at Disney (@ $650 per person per year) to the Universal ones (@ $280 per person per year), it really seems like a bargain!
On your next vacation, be sure to think about whether you and your family would benefit from the purchase of the Annual Pass at Universal. When considering, be sure to think about how the pass could save you on your food and resort stay. Also, consider the number of visits you would like to make throughout the entire year and whether the pass would save you money off those future visits!
If you prefer to get regular park tickets, you should check out Undercovertourist.com before you go to save yourself time and MONEY! My family uses this company regularly to save money on our journeys to the theme parks!