Vacations to Disney can certainly be expensive. Strategies for Paying for Disney is all about helping you find ways to cut costs so you can afford vacations to Disney. Be sure to check out all of the various ways to save money with these Strategies here.
One great way to reduce the cost per person for a Disney vacation is to cut down on the costs of dining. In my family, we typically bring along food items. If we are able to come up with ideas that make since, we often pack lunches to take to the parks. Here are the benefits of a packed lunch:
- Saves you money
- You eat the foods you are used to enjoying while at home. For some people, eating foods that differ from their normal schedule makes them feel different, even badly at times.
- You can eat the foods you bring in the quick service eateries.
- You can also eat the foods you bring in other places such as while you watch the afternoon parade, from a bench in front of the Cinderella Castle, or in a favorite location on Main Street!
- You can pack meals that are healthier than the offerings in the theme parks!
- Coolers are allowed in the parks, so cold items can be brought in as well.
Here are two locations you may want to consider holding your family’s picnic meal. The first is on Tom Sawyer’s Island. There you will find a variety of places to hold a picnic. Remember, this attraction has limited hours of operation. Be sure to check this before waiting too long to dine there!
The Liberty Square Riverboat is another location for a small meal. Onboard you will find a variety of benches among the 3 floors as you cruise around the Magic Kingdom. The cruise lasts a little over 12 minutes so eat efficiently!
Do you have a favorite location for your picnic meals when visiting Disney World? Share with us!