One of the newest apps available is one by Walmart. The app includes a section called Savings Catcher where you can use the app to save money on your purchased items nationwide.
- Download the app on your phone (or you can instead use this link and type Savings Catcher in the Search bar.)
- Submit your receipt to Savings Catcher in any one of three ways:
- Enter the receipt number (the TC number) into Savings Catcher at Walmart.com/savingscatcher. You will find this number located near the bottom of your printed Walmart store receipt.
- Scan the code at the bottom of your printed store receipt, using the scanner in the Savings Catcher section of the Walmart app.
- Or register your phone number using the Walmart app or debit card reader located at in-store checkout. Then each time you check out at a Walmart store, enter your phone number and they will submit your receipt to Savings Catcher for you.
- Savings Catcher compares the prices of the eligible items you bought at Walmart to the advertised prices found in the print and online versions of the weekly ads of top retailers in your area. The ads must be valid at the time you made your Walmart purchase.
- If Savings Catcher finds an advertised price that is lower than what you paid for the same exact item at Walmart, you’ll get back the difference on a Walmart Rewards eGift Card.
- Items that require a separate purchase to get the advertised price (example: “Buy oatmeal to get cereal for $1.”)
- Items with no actual price that require a purchase to get a free product (example: “Buy both oatmeal & cereal to get milk for free.”)
- Items that require a purchase to get a gift card (example: “Buy a 12 pack of paper towels to get a $5 gift card.”)
- Buy one get one free (BOGO) deals where no item price is listed (example: Peter Pan Peanut Butter, buy one, get one free. Save up to $2.50.”)
- Going out of business or closeout prices.
- Percentage off (example: “All mascara, 40% off.)
Savings Catcher has saved me about $10 so far on my 3 times of use. For someone who also does coupons, the simple scan of the bar code on the app makes for MUCH quicker savings! Get the app and start saving today!