The Quick Service Restaurants in Walt Disney World are Disney’s equivalent to fast food. You can find Quick Service, also known as Counter Service, dining in all of the Parks as well as in some of the Disney Resort Hotels. The Quick Service Dining choices are usually on the Disney Dining Plan and are definitely the most affordable dining option for those who choose to travel without a prepaid dining option.
Every year my family and I travel to Disney World. We have never once traveled without using the Disney Dining Plan, also known as the DDP. If you are not familiar with the ins and outs of the DDP, read about it here. Typically we eat at one Quick Service restaurant per day. I have compiled my top 5 Quick Service lunches throughout Walt Disney World in order with an explanation as to how they topped my list.
5. Pizza Planet Arcade. You will find the Pizza Planet Arcade on the Streets of America in Hollywood Studios. For approximately $15.00 you can get a slice of pizza and a drink. Their menu consists of slices of pizza, meatball subs and salads for entrees as well as cookies and cupcakes for desert. I am a huge Toy Story fan and Disney has gone to infinity and beyond in placing you right in the middle of the film. Here you will find indoor and outdoor seating and arcade games for the kid’s (and big kids) to play while waiting for the food. This is a popular dining spot so you may want to plan to eat here before or after the typical dining crowd. Pizza Planet is just across they from Muppet Vision 3-D.
4. Tortuga Tavern. You will find Tortuga Tavern in Adventureland in the Magic Kingdom, right around the bend from Pirates of the Caribbean. Here you will find on the menu nachos, burritos, cheese quesadillas for kid’s, and my favorite, taco salads topped with either chicken, beef or vegetarian style. They have a topping bar with cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, and lots more. I am a huge Pirates of the Caribbean fan and I adore Captain Jack Sparrow! You just never know who you might see in this neck of the woods…..besides, the taco salad is served in a giant taco bowl so what’s not to love here?!
3. Sunshine Seasons. Sunshine Seaons can be found in The Land Pavillion at Epcot Future World. Yes, the same place where Soarin is located! Here you will find a restaurant with quite a variety of foods to choose from during breakfast, lunch and dinner. On the menu you will find choices such as turkey sandwiches, noodle bowls, Mongolian beef with fried rice, rotisserie chicken with yellow rice, and many many more. This is the perfect place for a large family as there are so many choices that everyone should find something to make them happy. I love to eat here because Soarin is one of my all time favorite attractions! We always Fastpass Soarin and grab a bite to eat here. It’s a win win for us!
2. Earl of Sandwich. Earl of Sandwich is located in the Downtown Disney Marketplace. This has to be one of my all time favorite sandwich shops! Here on the menu you will find sandwiches served for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can also choose from salads and wraps as well. My personal favorite is the Holiday Turkey Sandwich. How can you go wrong with a turkey sandwich loaded with stuffing, gravy, cranberry and seasoned mayonnaise?!
The kid’s menu has a pizza sandwich option for those of you with picky eaters like me. Sides include chips, potato salad and macaroni and cheese. This is definitely a place you need to visit at some point throughout your vacation. When you finish eating you can walk down to another favorite of mine and enjoy dessert at Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop also found at the Downtown Disney Marketplace. Their menu is sure to delight anyone!
1. Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafes. My most favorite Quick Service Dining Restaurant throughout all of Walt Disney World is found in Asia in the Animal Kingdom and is called Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafes. Please do not confuse this with the table service restaurant also known as Yak & Yeti. This is the counter service version where you can get amazing fast food versions of the table service food. The menu selections include beef lo mein, sweet and sour chicken, honey chicken, chicken fried rice, Mandarin chicken salad, and an Asian chicken sandwich. The food is absolutely phenomenal I assure you! I usually get my children something to eat elsewhere and bring it here where we eat outside on the picnic tables. Of course if your kid’s will eat Asian food by all means let them eat here. This is the most amazing quick service meal I have ever eaten, hands down!
Honorable Mentions. Of course there are a few others that are noteworthy and need to be recognized. Those restaurants that just missed the cut are: Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory (Port Orleans Riverside Resort), Tangierine Cafe’ (Epcot/Morocco), Landscape of Flavors (Art of Animation Resort), and Be Our Guest Restaurant. I strongly reccomend the table service dinner at Be Our Guest over the Quick Service lunch. You must make those reservations 180 days in advance in order to guarantee a reservation as they are very hard to come by.