Many people wonder why people even fool with carrying a camera with them while vacationing in Disney World but there are many reasons to take your own camera with you to the parks. To begin considering if you want to tote along your own camera into the parks, consider this list of 4 reasons why you SHOULD carry your own camera in the Disney Parks:
- Unlike when you are having Disney Cast Members take your photo, you can take as many photos as you like. If you are looking to get just the perfect photo while on Main Street, you do not need to contend with worrying if you are in the way of others also waiting to get their photo taken by the Cast Member.
- You can review the photo from your camera immediately to see that you did get the shot you were hoping to achieve. If you are having the Cast Members take your photo, you are not given the opportunity to view the photos until the moment has passed.
- You can get photos where Cast Members are not available for taking photos. If you are, for example, wanting a photo while having dinner at Le Cellier, Cast Members are not there for taking that photo. With your own camera, you can take photos at any time, any place (within Disney rules such as no photos to be taken on attractions).
- The cost for printing the photos is much less than when buying from Disney. When you get home, you can spend as much time as you like on getting the lighting and cropping done just as you like it before printing off the photos. Be sure to sign up for Shutterfly here and received 50 free prints!
If you would like to take photos that are just as good as those made by the Cast Members, you can buy the camera currently used in the parks, Nikon 7100. Here are the specs on this camera:
- 24.1 megapixed DX-format image sensor
- Shoot up to 6 frames per second for up to 100 continuous shots
- Wireless sharing and control with WU-1a adapter (not included)
- ISO range from 100 to 6400
- 1080p videos with full-time autofocus and built-in stereo mic
To find out more about the camera, visit here. If you go with this camera or one similar, you can have the bonus reason for taking your own camera which is to be able to use your own lenses for that perfect photo!