If you are planning a vacation to Disney, a great place to consider staying is in the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel. This resort is located very close to Downtown Disney with the notoriety of being included as a resort located on Disney property. The resort offers great, large room which are so accommodating for my family that this is the resort we choose on most of our visits to Disney World.
As soon as you arrive at the resort, you enter the impressive lobby for check in. The process of checking in is extremely quick as the paperwork for your rooms are already put together and awaiting your arrival. Literally, the check in takes minutes instead of many minutes as it does when staying in a Disney World resort. After checking in, you are asked how many chocolate chip cookies you would like for your family. These are the BEST cookies and such a treat after making the journey from home to Disney World!
Here are some of the great features of these hotel rooms:
- Large rooms featuring a room with a television pullout couch, table and chairs, refrigerator, microwave, sink and counter space. A second room separated from this room by sliding door includes the beds, television, and bathroom. This allows enough space to sleep up to 6 people and privacy for those who want to go to sleep early.
- The shower has extra room and a ledge. This allows for extra room for placement of items, such as shampoos, soaps, etc. I enjoyed using the ledge when shaving.
- The towels smell nice! I know it is a small thing, but it is something you do not typically receive when vacationing!
- A coffee maker is available in the room. Guests receive both coffee and tea that can be made using this coffee maker.
- A workout facility is available and located very close to the pool. The equipment located in the workout facility are top notch! Also located in the pool area is a whirlpool and pool bar. This setup is great for a hard workout followed by a drink and a dip in the relaxing whirlpool.