When booking a vacation to Disney, finding a resort is one of the top priorities. There are many advantages to staying on Disney property:
- More Time for Fun
- As a Disney Resort guest, you are able to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours, hours when one of the four parks opens early or stays open later in the day.
- The resort is on Disney property so travel time to the park is minimized.
- Complimentary Transportation
- With Disney’s Magical Express, your vacation begins as soon as you arrive at Orlando International Airport. You don’t even have to worry with baggage claim! You just make your way from your terminal to the Magical Express check-in, board the bus, and they will take you (and your carry-on luggage) right to your Disney Resort hotel. Your checked bags will arrive in your room later on that day – as if by magic! 😉
- Disney also makes it super easy to get around the Walt Disney World Resort with all of their other transportation options during your stay – buses that go to and from all of the parks (including the water parks) and Downtown Disney, ferry boats to and from various locations, and of course, the monorail.
- If you have a vehicle on property, Disney also offers free parking to all on-site Resort guests.
On the other hand, if you are not as big of a Disney nut as I, you may not want to be surrounded by Disney 24/7, and that is okay, too. There are other reasons why you may choose to stay off-site:
- Your party includes a larger number of people. Staying off property is often much less expensive, especially for larger parties.
- You plan to visit other Orlando attractions.
- You want better access to non-Disney shops and restaurants, etc.
There are advantages and disadvantages to both choices!