Several special events, including
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (Disney’s Magic Kingdom) – 7:00PM to Midnight – October 3, 4, 6, 10, 11, 14, 17, 18, 20, 22, 24, 25, 27, 29, 31Some special events like Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party require a ticket to attend. Tickets must be purchased in advance, and the park will be closed for the duration of the special event, so be prepared to adjust your schedule as needed.
- Disney’s “Wine and Dine” half marathon
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend – October 4-5, 2013
- Orlando International Dragon Boat Festival (Downtown Disney) – October 18 – 19, 2013
Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival ~ September 27 – November 10, 2013
Crowds will be moderate — the Disney theme parks will still have plenty of guests, but you will be able to experience more rides and attractions during your visit with less waiting. You can still benefit from using Disney’s fast pass, so be sure to use it when you need it for your favorite attractions. Columbus Day Weekend – October 12, 13, & 14, 2013 – three day weekends always bump up the crowd levels. Though the parks won’t be as busy all the time, table service restaurants are likely to be crowded, thanks to the “Free Dining” promotions typically offered in the Fall, so be sure you make Advanced Dining Reservations before your trip. Since most of October is “value season” at Disney World, look for special promotions.
Expect mild to moderate heat during the day, but cooler nights. Nighttime temperatures can drop into the 60’s, so pack a jacket or sweater. Even though the days are cooler, you can still enjoy a trip to the water park, or hang out by your resort pool. Disney pools are heated, so you can swim in comfort, even in October.
REFURBISHMENTS FOR OCTOBER
- Walt Disney World Railroad will be closed September 30 – October 20, 2013
Peter Pan will be closed September 30 – November 13, 2013
- Fountain View Ice Cream Shop will be closed April 8 – Fall 2013
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground will be closed September 3 – November 19, 2013
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
- Will be closed October 27 – December 21, 2013 for its annual refurbishment.
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park will be open at this time, weather permitting.
Disney’s Palm Golf Course
- closed from June 12 – mid-November 2013.
There is many things to do and see in Disney World in October. If you have any thing to add please feel free to add it to the list!