If you are planing your first magical vacation to Disney, there is a lot you should know before you go! First-time travelers should do a bit of planning in order to improve their fun and enjoyment. Here is a list of things to consider before going on a vacation to Disney for the first time:
- Bring along a camera to take photos to commemorate your first vacation.
- Be aware that many attractions end in a gift shop. If you are traveling with a shopper, this can really slow you down. I remember when my son was little (and actually, still now as well), I find it so hard to get him pulled out of the shops! If you know you will always end in a gift shop and have a limited budget for your souvenir purchases, you should remember to just look at the shops and make note of which item you want most. Then at the end of the day or the trip, you purchase the most wanted items.
- Expect to walk. There is a lot of walking. There is also a lot of standing in line. Be sure to wear shoes that are appropriate or you will certainly regret it. Some of the best hiking shoes can help you in situations you least expect.
- Expect to be in a crowd. If you are not a crowd person, it is difficult to visit Disney World and not see a crowd.
- Book a dining reservation if you want to eat in a restaurant with table service. Once you get to the parks, it is likely the reservations will all be gone and you will not be able to dine at a table service restaurant. You can easily book weeks in advance by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
- Be sure to think about the weather before you go. It may be hot, rainy and even cold depending on when you visit. Most of the time is spent outside when visiting the parks so it is important!
- Do not expect to walk up right before a parade or nighttime show and get a great spot. Many people get in their perfect spot an hour or more before the start of the show. If you do not want to spend an hour standing, be sure to get there at least 15 to 30 minutes before so you can get a good spot.
- Remember that the cost of food in the parks is expensive. If you bring along snacks for your day, you will save money and have the snacks during the outdoor shows or while in line for attractions to enjoy.
- Make use of the fastpass system. If you do not understand it, you should discuss it with Disney by calling (407) 939-5277. Remember, if you get fastpasses, you should attempt to get them early in the day. That will allow you to be able to get more fastpasses later on in the day. But overall, fastpasses will allow you to visit more attractions and see more in your day.
- Slow down and enjoy your visit! There is so much to see when on vacation in Disney. It is really impossible to see it all. My best advise is to see what you are most interested in seeing and let the other things go. This will allow you to have the time needed to enjoy just what you like and extra time to take in the scenary or other things you had not planned to see.
Hope this helps you plan for your first trip to Disney!