Planning a vacation to Disney is always fun, but never quite as fun as when you or someone else in your party has plans for celebrating a birthday while in the parks! Birthday party locations are of prime importance for such events. While being in the Disney area is typically enough for someone, if you want to increase the magic, here are some suggestions:
- Get a birthday button – You can pick this up at Guest Services at any of the theme parks or at the front desk at any Disney World resort. These buttons have magical powers, giving the wearer many “Happy Birthday” wishes from Cast Members (Disney World workers) and other Disney World guests. Wearers of the button have also been known to be given free cupcakes, candy, desserts, and the like. If it is your birthday, be sure to get one of these buttons!
- Balloons – concierge staff can have balloons delivered to your room. Call the resort to inquire further.
- Cakes – Order a birthday cake to be delivered to any of the restaurants (other than Victoria and Albert’s). For $21, you can purchase a chocolate or vanilla larger cake. There is no need to preorder! Should you want the cake personalized, call the Disney Cake Hotline at 407 827 2253.
- Cruises – Book your Fireworks cruise to really wow someone on their birthday! You can book the cruises to view either the Magic Kingdom’s Wishes or EPCOT’s IllumiNations display. The one hour pontoon boat trips includes snacks and drinks. Cakes can also be purchased from the Cake Hotline mentioned in #3. Boats rentals begin at $275 for up to 8 people in a 21′ boat. For additional prices or to make reservations, call 407 939 2329.
- Gifts – Have gifts delivered directly to your Walt Disney World Resort room! Call Disney Dream Makers at 407 939 4438 for more information.
- Free Call from Goofy! – Have Goofy call your child to wish them Happy Birthday. Call 407 824 2222 to reserve your call.
- Gift Baskets and Flowers – You can also have these delivered directly to your Walt Disney World Resort room. Call Disney Floral and Gifts at 407 939 3505.
- Choose from 4 different Parties: a. Blizzard Beach – $16 per person to include a 90 minute party to include the Lottawatta Lodge deck, pizza, drinks and cake. There must be at least 5 guests in attendance, max guests of 30. Park admission is not included in this price per person. Call 407 560 3400 to arrange. b. Goofy’s Candy Co. – Located in Downtown Disney, the birthday party would include a 90 minute party with balloons, favors, hot dogs or pizza, cake, ice cream and drinks. You will also be given invitations and thank you notes to match the theme (either Goofy or Cinderella). The cost per person is $25 for 12 – 15 guest. Call 407 939 2329 to arrange. c. Neverland Club – For the Peter Pan-themed, the Neverland Club can be rented for your party. This party will include pizza, drinks, a cake and a craft project or face painting! The parties last 2 hours with prices per child beginning at $34 per person, 10 guest minimum. Reservations are available 90 days in advanced at 407 939 2329. d. Winter Summerland – This 2 hours party takes place on the miniature golf course. It includes a round of golf, pizza, drinks, cake and party favors. Prices begin at $20 per person for 10 – 40 guests. Call 407 939 7529 for reservations.
- Room Decorations – You can either take your own decorations and decorate the room for free or use the service provided by Disney Dream Makers at 407 939 4438.
These should help you and your family have a wonderful birthday celebration in Walt Disney World!
Have you celebrated a birthday in a way not mentioned here? Please let us know!