In the Magic Kingdom, one of the top attractions to visit is the Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin located in Tomorrowland. The game includes game play where you shoot at targets to try to win the game against your own self by improving your score or in comparison to others in your party. Using a joystick to turn the vehicle, the targets can be shot at on both sides as your play the game. The trick is that not all targets are worth the same number of points. These targets may be located on walls, moving objects or spinning space gadgets.
To get the best score, first it is important to understand that the laser shoots a laser line. Continue to hold down the laser trigger throughout the ride to help get a visual on where your shots are hitting. Keeping the trigger dispensed also allows you to receive points even when you are not hitting a target (Disney wants even the little ones to get a pretty great score even if they are not the best shot!)
If you want to get the best score possible, take this advice:
- Be in control of the joystick. This way you gain the best possible access to the targets you seek.
- Only aim at the high scoring objects. You can score on the higher payout objects as many times as you accurately hit the target.
- In your first room once you can shoot, hit the target located on the left arm of the orange robot on the left, 100,000 points per accurate shot.
- Turn the ride vehicle and hit the backside of that same arm, 25,000 points per accurate shot.
- In your second room, hit the targets located on the volcano, 25,000 points per accurate shot.
- In the third room, hit the target located below Zurg, 100,000 points per accurate shot.
- Should your ride vehicle stop, continue to shoot!!!
You can do it, you can max out your score at 999,999. If you did not earn a perfect score, be sure to check the board after to see what your shooting title is based on your skills:
When you get good at scoring 999,999 on one of the score boards in the vehicle, try getting the 999,999 score on both score boards!