I have been flying with Southwest as my primary airfare provider for years. The flights out of Nashville go to nearly anywhere in the US I want to go and are usually the least expensive of any other airlines.
Here are some great ways to save on flights on Southwest Airlines:
- Attempt to have flexible dates for your trip. If you are able to change your flight from one set of dates to another, you may find that you are able to save hundreds of dollars.
- Be flexible with the times you fly. While in the Southwest Airlines website, you can sort and filter the flights in a variety of ways. For example, you can filter the flights to include just the non-stop flights. To get the best priced flight options, be sure to sort the flights by price and see if those flight times will work for your plans.
- Use Southwest points to pay for the flight. If you do not have enough points for multiple segments of the trip, try instead to pay for the least expensive portion of the trip using your points. Doing this will require that you purchase the segments of the trip separately but will save you money.
- Use Raise.com to purchase gift cards at a discount. I have been using Raise.com for years to purchase gift cards at a discount to various vendors such as Target, Walmart and Kohl’s. The savings really can add up. Currently, Raise.com is offering a 6% discount on all gift cards purchased for Southwest. Click on the link to see what the newest percent discount available is.
- If you plan on using Raise.com, be sure to use Rakuten.com. Currently, you can receive 1% back on all purchases made at Raise.com by using Rakuten.com. Simply sign up for an account here. Once you have the account set up, search for “raise.com” in the section that looks like this: Follow the available link from Rakuten to the Raise.com website to receive additional savings from Rakuten. If you are not familiar with Rakuten, this is a company that receives a percentage back for your online purchases. They share part of that percentage with you for every purchase you make through their company. Using Rakuten is extremely simple. For example, if you are planning to buy something at Kohl’s, go to Rakuten, look up Kohl’s in the “Search Cash Back stores, coupons and products” section. Then follow the link to Kohl’s and shop like normal. Within a day or two, you will receive an email back from Rakuten telling you how much money you have earned on your purchase by following their link. Every quarter, you receive a check from Rakuten. That simple!
I hope that the above list will assist you in saving more off of your upcoming Southwest flights!