Vacations to Disney now typically include the carrying of a cellphone by most visitors. But in addition to using the cellphone for just calling others, there are a wide range of uses for a cellphone while in the parks. Here is a list. Feel free to comment and add other uses:
- Download a flashlight. This will come in handy for reading a menu or for making sure you have all of those items you store under your seat during experiencing an attraction (such as Star Tours).
- Download the MyDisneyExperience app. This app will help you keep up with many important aspects of your vacation such as your reservations for dining and your resort, help you find attractions, and help you manage your fastpasses.
- Find out if your airline being used has an app that features boarding passes. This will help you reduce the amount of paperwork items you have to carry and keep up with on vacation.
- Get all of your reservation items previously emailed to you in one folder of your email so they are easily accessible. This will help you keep down the paperwork you carry and keep organized.
- Download a calculator app. This will help you calculate any discounts or tips you need to pay.
- Use the camera included in a smartphone. While I actually think you should use a camera instead, if you do not want to carry a camera, the one on your phone is very handy.
- Use a variety of apps to pass the time while standing in line. Uses of apps like Amazon Kindle to read books can really pass the time quickly! Other great and fun options for groups while in line is the game Heads Up! This game is charades and involves the cellphone. It will even get others in line playing!
- Use the Facebook or other social app to talk with friends and discuss the fun you are having while in the parks.
- Use the Life360 app to help find others in the parks. This app helps you find people even to exact locations within the parks when they also are using this app.
- Use the Maps app such as Waze to help you get from one point to another around the Orlando area.
- Use the Landrys app to collect points towards free meals.
With all of these uses, you might find that you need to charge your phone during your day. To do so, be sure to take along an external charger for your phone. Here are a few that will come in handy during your trip as they are light and inexpensive:
- ALLPOWERS 12W solar charger with Fast Charging Technology, protect your product and deliver its fastest possible current
- Exclusive Solar Patent Technology: PET Anti-scratch hardened technology, solar conversion effeciency up to 19%.
- Dual-USB Power: 12 watt monocrystalline PET solar panel provides enough power to charge cellphone and mini ipad at the same time
Anker® 2nd Gen Astro Mini 3200mAh Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 6 million+ powered by Amazon ‘s #1 charging brand.
- Exclusive PowerIQ Technology: Detects your device to deliver its fastest possible charge speed up to 1 amp.
- High Capacity: Add one and a half charges (over 7 hours talktime) to an iPhone 5s, almost one full charge to a Galaxy S5 or one full charge (70+ hours of audio playback) to most other phones.
- Ultra Compact: Our original lipstick-shaped aluminum design (3.5 × 0.9 × 0.9in, 2.7oz). Recharges in 3-4 hours with a 0.8 amp adapter (not included) and the included Micro USB cable.
These are just a few of them available at Amazon.com. Here is a link to all of the items.
Remember to add your suggestions for uses of a cellphone in the comments section!