During a recent vacation in Disneyland, my son and I rode the Buzz Lightyear attraction. We love this attraction in Walt Disney World and often top out the score at 999,999 by using these tips for getting the best score on the Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin attraction. This was one of the first attractions we rode on the day of our Disneyland visit. There were not many riders so we were able to get in our own attraction car.
The first ride on Buzz Lightyear
On this ride, my son got a score of 59,200, while I scored only 80,700. We got off the attraction and wondered how in the world we could improve upon our score. We did some research and had many discussions with Cast Members and vowed to re-ride the attraction late at night when we could each have our own attraction car again and attempt to improve on our score.
Our Research on how to Improve our Score on Buzz Lightyear
- Understand the target shapes and what they mean. For each shape, there is a different value as follows:
- Circle – 100
- Square – 1,000
- Diamond – 5,000
- Triangle – 10,000
- When the lights around the targets are lit, they are work 10 times the point value for the first person who hits the target.
- If other targets are difficult to get, you should choose to continue to shoot the same target over and over. Shooting new targets can take up quite a bit of time.
- Ride alone if you can because you are in control of where the attraction car points, making it much easier to hit the targets you hope to hit!
- Continue to shoot even if you are not yet aiming for a target. For every 5 shots, you will receive 100 points.
- Aim for Zurg’s chest where there is a hidden target that, if hit, will score you 50,000 points! Just shoot towards the middle of Emperor Zurg’s chest in the first scene where there is an unmarked hole.
What is your Score?
Finally, take note of what your score level is as follows:
- Level 1 Star Cadet: 0 – 1,000
- Level 2 Space Ace: 1,001 – 10,000
- Level 3 Planetary Pilot: 10,001 – 100,000
- Level 4 Space Scout: 100,001 – 300,000
- Level 5 Ranger 1st Class: 300,001 – 600,000
- Level 6 Cosmic Commando: 600,001 – 999,999
- Level 7 Galactic Hero: 1,000,000 +
The most important thing is to have fun!