Many people love to visit Disney World. There is just so much to see while in the parks, but there are also a wide variety of things to see and do that are FREE while staying in or around Disney World! If you are wanting to stay longer in Disney World but want to spend that time in places other than Disney World’s Theme Parks, this list will help you!
Here is a list of some of these things. Should you have more to add, please comment below!
Great List of FREE Things to Do While in Disney World
- Take the Monorail around the entire loop. The EPCOT loop in particularly entertaining as it travels through the park.
- Get a list of the available activities in the Disney Resorts. The list can be found at the front desk. The activities will include things like Animal Nighttime Viewing at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, poolside and lobby games. Most hotels often feature movies under the stars on a screen outside, typically by the pool.
- Take the children (if you are traveling with children) to the Disney Resort playground. Check out the resort’s map to find the location.
- Visit a campfire at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Campground which occurs nightly at 7 or 8 pm. depending on the season. Be sure to call to get the correct time for this event. Be prepared to meet Chip ‘n’ Dale when you arrive! You can also head over to Port Orleans Riverside for a campfire without characters. This event is named the “Campfire on de’ Bayou” and includes entertainment and storytelling! The Animal Kingdom Lodge also features this type of event as well.
- Watch the Electric Water Pageant. To get your best viewing you will need to choose one of these resort and viewing times that best suits you: Polynesian Resort at 9 pm, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa at 9:15 pm, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge at 9:30 pm, Disney’s Fort Wilderness Campground at 9:45 pm or the Disney’s Contemporary Resort at 10 pm. This Pageant is an absolute classic which includes music and free entertainment!
- Shop at Downtown Disney. Exploring all of the shops there will take many, many hours. If you are visiting with children, they will love building cars to race at the LEGO Store! Be sure to visit Ghirardelli for a free piece of chocolate!
- Watch the Fireworks. If you plan to view the Magic Kingdom Wishes fireworks while outside of the park, you should plan on heading to the Polynesian or the Ticket and Transportation Center for a great viewing spot. If you would like to see EPCOT’s Illuminations, head over to Yacht & Beach Club or Boardwalk.
- Take a free Art Class. To get a free class from one of the Disney artists, head over to Disney’s Art of Animation Resort for the free classes that are open to any Walt Disney World resort hotel guests. These classes currently occur at 11 am, 2 pm, and 5 pm. Be sure to confirm the times by calling the resort.
- Port Orleans Performers. Be sure to call ahead of time to be sure of the times for the performers but at both Disney Resorts, you can find free nightly entertainment. Elliot Dyson performs Wednesday through Satudays at Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort singing and playing several instruments as he performs jazz classics. In Port Orleans Riverside, lively piano performances are made by Yehaa Bob on Wednesday through Saturday nights.
- Use some of your downtime to hang out using the Free Wifi connections found all throughout the Disney properties.
This list is not complete, so feel free to list your favorite free thing to do while in Disney World on a non-Disney theme park day!