When you visit the Walt Disney World parks, you can find yourselves doing a lot of walking, and all that exercise in the heat makes you hungry. Often times we don’t always want to take the time out of playing in the parks for 2 sit down meals, and sometimes all we need is a snack to keep us going until Advanced Dining Reservation time. There are literally 100’s of food items to chose from, but I have narrowed it down to my Top 5 Favourite WDW treats.
- Warm cinnamon roll – this has to my most favourite Walt Disney World snack. It is available on the Disney Dining Plan at Gaston’s Tavern in the Magic Kingdom, and the Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe in the Norwegian Pavilion in EPCOT. It is truly delicious and one of my ‘Must Do’s’ each time we visit. You can also get them at the Boardwalk Bakery and a ‘Colossal’ version at the Kusafiri Cafe in Animal Kingdom (don’t tell anyone that I plan to eat one of these all by myself next trip).
- Funnel cake – this amazingly awesome tasting delicacy is available (with cinnamon sugar) on the DDP at Sleepy Hollow Treats in the MK and the Oasis Canteen in Hollywood Studios. There are more options you can add too, such as strawberries and whipped cream. You can find them in kiosks in the American Adventure in EPCOT and on the Boardwalk. Just don’t watch them making it – then you won’t know how many calories are in it!
- Jalapeño and cream cheese stuffed pretzel – oh yes, they truly are as good as they sound. Available on the DDP at the Harambe Fruit Market in AK. You’ll find me first in line waiting for them to open – yummy.
- Dole whip – this is one of WDW’s most iconic snacks, especially for the MK. It is cool and creamy pineapple ice-cream. So refreshing on a sweltering day. Grab one from Aloha Isle in MK or Tamu Tamu in AK, both snack credits on DDP. Just don’t share one with your kid – they’ll end up eating it all (lesson learnt).
- Carrot cake cookie – Best. Cookie. EVER. Head straight to the wonderful little hideaway in all of WDW, The Writer’s Stop in HS and it will be the best $3.99/snack credit you ever spend. True story!!!
Be sure to let us know which are the snacks you most look forward to on your trips or whether you have something you have yet to try, that you are making a priority for your next visit.
Thank you and have a Magical day.