Have you ever been to Disney and saw people wearing lanyards around their neck? Have you ever wondered why they would wear them? If you do not know what a lanyard is, it is a ribbon type necklace which is worn. The ribbon often times displays the guests favorite characters or theme park logo. Now that you know what a lanyard is, WHY would you want one? Here are the reasons:
- To display your Disney pins you hope to trade with other pin trading guests or Cast Members.
- To hold your credit cards and drivers license. This will require that you have the pouch for holding the cards.
- To hold your room key. You will need quick access to this if at the parks during the Extra Magic Evening Hours.
- To hold your theme park ticket. This will help you quickly grab your park ticket for getting into the parks or for getting a fast pass.
- To hold cash.
- To hold your bottle of water. These lanyards are often sold at various kiosks in the theme parks (I have seen more of them in EPCOT than in other theme parks.)
Basically, the lanyards are great for people who travel to Disney and hope to travel with little in their pockets.
The lanyards are available in the theme parks. The average cost is $9 for the lanyards without the lanyard pouch. If you prefer to purchase them before you go, you can save nearly half the cost! Here are two:
Disney does sell a wide variety of lanyards in the parks but at a higher price. There are many other lanyard character patterns available as well. Follow this link to all of them available at these great prices.