You have finally plannedand are going to go to Disney and want to make the most of your announcement to your family. This is a great opportunity to think creati
vely in order to get your family as excited as you are for the upcoming adventure! Here are a few ideas:
- Mail your family member a letter from one of the characters. Be sure to include a photo of the character and a special message stating that the character cannot wait to meet that family member soon. For example, have a photo of Mickey Mouse with the note stating, “We are all waiting for you here at Disney World. See ya REAL soon!!!”
- Create a scavenger hunt with clues about the upcoming vacation. The first clue could be a photo of a particular attraction in one of the Disney theme parks. Another clue, a photo of a character. Another a bit of pixie dust. Give just enough clues so the family member can guess where the vacation destination will be.
- Get your copy of the Disney planning DVD and watch it with your family discussing your desire to vacation there. Then after it is over, exclaim, “I have already booked our vacation. We are going to Disney!”
- Make a jigsaw puzzle that tells the destination of the vacation once correctly put together.
- Purchase M & Ms that state the destination of your upcoming vacation.
- Have it written in the sky. (Ok, that one is a bit much:) )
Of course, if you are like my mother, you may enjoy springing the vacation on your loved one closer to the day (or on the day) of the vacation. My mom simply went to the school to pick up my sister on two separate occasions. She told her they needed to go to a destination that was located close to the airport that afternoon. It was only once they got to the exit for the airport that she told my sister where they were going! If you like this line of thinking, here are some great ideas:
- If you want your family member to know you are going on vacation, but not the exact destination, make up a destination. Once you get to the airport or even Disney, let them know where you are going.
- If you choose to not tell them the destination even at the airport, bring along items that are Disney themed for the ride. For example, bring along Disney DVDs to view, Disney books to read, perhaps a Disney autograph book. This will drop a few hints, but not give away the prize.
I hope you have a wonderful vacation. If you have other creative ideas, please share them here for others to find!