Vacations to Disney are exciting for the many days you are in Orlando! The trip is often non-stop attractions, shows, and food. However, if you are looking to still have fun and not spend any money, there are many things you can choose from to do! In fact, there are even enough things to do on the list to fill an entire day with fun! To help you plan your fun filled FREE day in Disney when not visiting a Disney theme park, consider this top ten list:
- If on a warm day, head to the resort’s pools. Resorts have more than one pool so be sure to experience all of them as each are themed differently.
- Ask the front desk for a listing of the resort’s activities. The activities are fun and appropriate for most ages.
- Visit other resorts on property. For instance at the Polynesian Resort, you can experience the Electrical Water Pageant or sit along the beach.
- Visit with Chip and Dale at the Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. Be sure to call the resort at (407) 824-9000 to find out the time you can head over to the Campground’s sing along. You can also experience the fun of roasting marshmallows for s’mores during this free entertainment if you want to pay for the food items.
- Head over to Downtown Disney. If you plan on heading there at night, there is often entertainment located throughout the area. If you want to know the specifics of the available entertainment, you can call Disney for the details.
- Take a ride on the Monorail. Onboard you can see the outskirts of the Magic Kingdom and the Future World of EPCOT. The monorail also makes several stops to various resorts. Feel free to get off of the monorail to have a look around each of the resort areas.
- Visit the playground located on property at your Disney Resort. Children love the play time in these playgrounds.
- Take pins you have from past vacations that you no longer like and trade them with Cast Members at the Resort and in Downtown Disney. You can also visit the store in Downtown Disney to trade with the pin trading board throughout the day. If you do not own pins to trade, be sure to get some once in Disney World or find out here how to get some for trading for much less than then cost of those bought on Disney property.
- Visit the horses on the Fort Wilderness Campground. Find out more about the horses here.
- Experience a fun filled evening with the entertainment of Bob Jackson. To get to this event, head over to Port Orleans Riverside. Bob typically performs Tuesday through Saturday nights and plays from 8:30PM – Midnight but the schedule is subject to change. There is no charge for admission. You can call Port Orleans Riverside at (407) 934-6000 to be certain of the times for the show.
This is only the tip of the list of free things to do while in Disney World. What are your favorite free things to do? Share them here for others!