Disney World vacations in the middle of summer can be quite a challenge due to the heat of the Florida sun! To help you manage your day, you need to gear up with items that will help you stay cooler! Here are a few suggestions that will help you beat the heat and have a more enjoyable vacation in Orlando this summer:
1. Bring your own cooler drinks and snacks in this TOURIT Cooler Backpack Water-resistant Lightweight Backpack with Cooler. This will allow you to have quick access to cold items without need to stand in line. Here are the details of this product:
- Leak resistant, easy to clean, easy to dry, durable backpack with cooler for picnics Camping, Hiking, etc
- Dimension: 17.7″ x 13.0″ x 7.5″(L x W x H), Weight: 1.1LB, can hold more than 28 cans, about 25L
- Cooling performance: Guarantee 16 hours (numbers will vary) temperatures below 15℃（with Freeze Packs）
- Use breathable material on the back to let condensation evaporate more quickly
- A thick layer of insulation cotton Eco-Friendly materials inside of the insulated backpack, to ensure the frozen food and ice cube not leak after melting. Suggestion: Do not put the ice into the backpack directly to avoid cutting off the waterproff material inside the backpack
2. One of the easiest ways to really cool off is by using the Alfamo Cooling Towel. They can be rewet throughout the day to help keep you cool all day long. Here are the details of this product:
- EXTRA LONG & MULTIPURPOSE SPORTS TOWEL, 40″ long by 12″ wide. It is easy to tie if you will be moving around a lot. Works like a charm as golf club head cover, cooling bandana or neck wrap. Longer inches make the towel perfect for athletes, runners, sports fans into workout, gym and fitness, females suffering with side effects of heat stress, hot flashes; patients who need cold therapy after operations, surgeries; gardeners doing yard work, mowing the lawn and workers working out in summer heat
- CHILLS INSTANTLY, Hyper-evaporative breathable mesh material makes it easy to activate the chilling towel when you simply soak, wring out and snap it. Re-wet to reactivate it. Unlike PVA material that drys to cardboard, it is silky soft, pliable, easily folds up & fits into a gym bag. The towel stays chilled for up to 3 hours and it reduces body temperature up to 30 degrees. The soaked fabric is pleasant to touch, rather than annoyingly dripping wet. It also provides UPF 50 sunscreen protection
3. in the hot summer, there is nothing like a good had to keep the summer sun out of your eyes. This Outdoor Boonie Sun Hat includes UPF 50 Protection for Men & Women This will help protect your scalp and face from the sun with the protections included. Here are the details of this product:
- ULTIMATE SUN PROTECTION: With UPF 50 to block out 98% of harmful UVA and UVB rays, the Tough Headwear outdoors hat is more than your average sun hat.
- DESIGNED FOR THE OUTDOORS: Whether you’re fishing down on the river, logging hours on the trail or tending to your garden, our sun hat will keep your head and face protected from the sun and heat. The adjustable drawstring ensures your hat stays on your noggin.
- STAY COOL: Our lightweight hat has mesh panels that span the entire circumference of your head, letting your head stay ventilated and cool, even on the hottest and most humid days.
4. Who doesn’t like to have a fan or a squirt bottle in the heat of the summer. With this O2COOL Deluxe Misting Fan, you can have both! Here are the details of this product:
- Powerful one-speed motor with flexible fan blades, Fine mist sprayer
- Thumb activated pump trigger with comfort grip
- Large reservior holds more than 1,000 mists
- Large opening to fill with water and ice
- Perfect for camping and outdoor activities
5. On a recent vacation to Atlantis and spending several days out in the lazy river in a row, I decided that sunscreen clothing is the way to go! I have since purchased several articles of clothing that include sunblocking abilities like this Vapor Apparel Women’s UPF 50+ Long Sleeve UV (Sun) Protection. Here are the details of this product:
- UPF 50+ uv/sun protection
- The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends this fabric as an effective UV protectant
- Includes PURE-tech moisture-wicking technology and Anti-microbial technology which keeps you dry and the shirt odor free
- Women’s Slim Fit cut; Sizes may run smaller
- Lightweight and breathable; Great for a day of fishing, sailing, swimming, hiking and any other of your favorite sports
Remember, prepare for the sun and heat you will be facing on your vacation so you and others in your party can make the most of their vacation. One other suggestion is to take Flip flops as a change of shoes. Wear your regular tennis shoes, then sometime during the heat of the day, change and wear the flip flops to bring down your body temperature! Have other suggestions, leave them here in or comments.