When staying on Walt Disney Property, Disney Transportation is included in the price of your resort stay. In addition, Disney provides transportation to your Disney Resort from the Orlando International Airport for free. While this service has been available for some time, I do remember the days when you were responsible for getting from the airport to the resort on your own dollar. As such, I appreciate this service greatly!
Once you have arrived at your Disney World Resort, you can travel between the Parks to other Resorts if you choose. This will allow you to experience the parks and the other resorts in the Walt Disney Resort area without use of a vehicle! To access the theme parks and water parks, the resorts offer a bus that will transport you. If you are staying or visiting a resort that is included in the monorail loop, you can travel to EPCOT or the Magic Kingdom by way of the monorail. Should you want to instead visit Hollywood Studios or Disney’s Animal Kingdom from these monorail resorts, you will need to hop aboard a Disney bus. Monorail loop resorts include:
- The Polynesian Resort
- The Contemporary Resort
- The Grand Floridian. The monorail is a quick, comfortable transportation mode. Resorts that are included in the monorail loop are priced at a premium for this great service.
In addition to the bus and monorail, boats are available to move guests from the parks to the resorts. Guests can travel by boat to the following:
Magic Kingdom theme park from:
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Polynesian Resort
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Epcot theme park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios from:
- Disney’s Boardwalk Inn and Villas Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
- Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
Downtown Disney Area from:
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort — French Quarter
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort — Riverside
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
The use of the boats is a great way to relax and unwind on your way to and from a resort to the theme parks and Downtown Disney. If you are looking for a way to spend a day seeing other Disney Resorts, the use of the Disney boats makes for an added bit of fun!